STILL working on catching up on all my blogs. Not that I don’t enjoy it mind you… there’s just a lot of reading material!
So while helping Cate and Justin to clean out their apartment (they’re homeowners now!) I grabbed an old copy of Food and Wine that they didn’t want anymore. While thumbing through it I spotted a recipe for brown rice veggie burgers.
There was brown rice in our fridge so I figured “Why not?!” Some thought process eh?
Proof that I’m a rookie.
Remember my resolution about pretty pictures? FAIL.
After I realized I didn’t have any of the other necessary ingredients it became a free for all. What ending up happening was me throwing brown rice, red and green peppers, red beans and garlic into the food processor then making them into patties and throwing them on the G. Foreman.
The “patties” fell apart completely and I was left with piles of slightly crispy bean/rice/veggie mush. However, this isn’t to say that they weren’t disgusting mushes!
It was a bit bland tasting but after this photo I threw some salsa on it and that helped a bunch. All about experimenting…and, you know, following recipes. Live and learn! 😀
Alongside I had some carrot with hummus and a kiwi. Notice the bite mark? Yep, I have concluded I actually prefer eating it with the skin. The contrasting textures are quite fun and it’s so much more convenient too!
Dinner was a hoot.
Open faced steak sandwich with mushrooms, onions and swiss (and ketchup…heh) with a sweet potato (working my way through a HUGE box of ’em!) and some cucumber slices. The sandwich was out-of-control good. The steak was pounded super thin so it was good and tender. I’m a big ole’ carnivore at times.
Sidenote: Everyone, please view upon Max’s new bone. He’s very pleased with it.
Except the bone is bigger than him! Haaaaaaaa. Watching the guy try to pick it up is of high quality entertainment value.
Because North Jersey kids are creatures of habit, I ended up at the SBD again with Liz and her brother. It had been about an hour or so since I had eaten but alas…I gave into the fries.
Creature of habit yes but this is a habit that will get out of control too quickly. I mean, I didn’t kill the plate like the last one but I figure that something this tasty will lose it’s appeal if I keep eating it so often! Self-control LaForge, self-control.
Liz wanted to be on the blog again! I believe her words were something along the lines of, “Aren’t you going to take a picture of MY food?”
Colorful burger platters are colorful! I think a touch of more blue would have really made this super rainbow-esq. 😀
Afterwords we continued to watch our way through the first season of Doctor Who (Doctor 9!).
I still like Matt Smith the best though 😉
Breakfast was typical. You know the drill.
Oats, milk, water, blueberries, flax seed, AB and coffee. Ha bisky!
So… I decided I’m nixing the recap and am just going to do a basic list of my resolutions. Let’s do this:
- More passion. I don’t go about applying myself to things with too much intensity despite how much I may love it. I want to express more passion, try harder and really envelop myself in what I want to accomplish.
- This especially applies to what I’m going to do after I graduate. Scary, but it’s for the best.
- Be a better blogger AKA better pictures, more commenting all over the place and consistency.
- Learn more about nutrition. I know the general basics but ideas such as why things are beneficial is something I want to know more about.
- Taking my running to a new level AKA half-marathon.
- My last one, and probably the one that’s been on my mind the most, is to stop caring. Since October I’ve been caught up on someone who clearly wants nothing to do with me and to be honest, I’m sick and tired of feeling like some kind of desperate fool. It’s always bothered me to be single and to have never had a boyfriend but you know what? IT DOESN’T MATTER. No, it legitimately does not matter. I’m done worrying that I’m never going to achieve that and I’m done being made to feel like I’M never the one who’s good enough. I’m sorry but screw that s***. Love can come find ME now because I’m through with the games. I do believe that there is someone out there for everyone and my resolution is to remind myself that I just haven’t met him yet. Priorities are the key my friends, and 2011 is going to be about being fabulous and getting the most out of life and experiencing everything it has to offer. This is my last semester of college and I am sure as hell not going to waste it!
Well…. that last one was a tad long, no? Clearly I’m working on the “passion” aspect of my resolution already. One step at a time!
And now… I’m going to go for a run! Enjoy the day everyone ❤
This license plate has got the right idea! 😀