So in case the GPOY picture didn’t tell the story I wanted it to tell, I splurged and bought myself a Nikon D3000 yesterday afternoon.
Moment of craziness? Happy graduation to me? Probably the first one but whatever the reason, I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. This camera is absolutely incredible and although I still have SO much to learn about photography, it was worth every cent.
Everything just seems to have more LIFE
A breakfast photo. Seriously, how long has it been since I’ve posted one of these babies? A LONG TIME.
In the mix:
- The typical combo of 1/3 water, 1/3 milk, 1/3 oats
- Half a banana
- Half a cut up peach
- A few shakes of cinnamon
- A tbsp of PB stirred in
- 1/3 cup Multigrain Cheerios
SPLEEEEEE! Check out the fine details on that spoonful. Quality Oats2O you’ve got there.
Other eats of the day included lots and lots of fruit
Watermelon and cheeries! (and a few unpictured pretzel sticks on the side)
OK, I didn’t actually EAT this but the coloring on it is absolutely beautiful. Fresh from my mom’s garden it was supposed to be a typical eggplant. Instead, she got a Japanese eggplant! Fancy veggies are fancy and I’m very curious to see if the taste varies at all.
Sidenote: I need to work on backdrops for my photos now. I mean, not that I don’t love the salad spinner and the random green pepper creepin’ in the back and everything but……
The fam had BLTs so I figured a deconstructed version would be fun. I still had the B and the L (spinach?) and the T so that’s all that matters!
- 3 pieces crumbled bacon
- Honey roasted peanuts
- Balsamic dressing
On the side I had half a slice of rye bread with some swiss cheese and peach-mango salsa. If you ever EVER get the chance, buy peach-mango salsa. It’s all the kick of salsa but instead the extra kick is from the unexpected sweetness from the chunks of the fruit.
Stepping away from the picture lovin’ for a moment, here’s a quick list of things I’ve done over the summer in case anyone was curious. Probably not but still….IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF DON’T JUDGE ME.
Ahem, cue bullet points.
- I ran the Teterboro 5K for the second year in a row and finished at 28:22 which is a full FOUR seconds faster than last year. Progress, what what!
- I’ve been on a few interviews and they have all thus failed me. The job searching continues.
- I’ve seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 FOUR times so far. Certainly wouldn’t mind seeing it a couple more times 😀
- I’ve been driving all over New Jersey because I want to see my girls THAT badly
- And I don’t regret it!
- My sister and I joined Blink Fitness for a month thanks to Groupon! This girl hasn’t been to a legit gym since May. I feel like my entire life has been restored and it’s a beautiful thing.
That’s the most important points anyway. I’ve fallen way, way, way too far behind to catch up on every single thing so now I’m starting from scratch I guess. Woo for fresh starts!
My grandma’s 90th birthday is tomorrow so you know that the new camera (who does not have a name yet!) will be getting some exercise. So until then, this picture.
Have a lovely night everyone!