I’ve been trying to create a post since July…
Everyday (or once every week, anyway) I pull up WordPress on my work computer, stare at the draft, maybe type a word or two and then end up closing it out. Because I’m an idiot, I’ll just say it. This blog is going to go through some changes.
(insert confusion/shrieks of horror/no interest what-so-ever)
Right, just some changes in direction is all. As a health food blogger, I bid thee farewell. To be clear, I’ll never quit Team “Healthy-Eating-Habits-And-An-Active-Lifestyle!” but I’ve realized that health food blogging, and forgive the cliche, just isn’t me.
Confession: Half the time, I simply didn’t post here because I was ashamed of something I had eaten/lack of exercise I had done. Or, I would just leave considerable amounts of stuff out and post the “happy”. Who wants to read about negativity and self-esteem issues? Nobody
I’m far, far far far far, from being perfect.
Mistaken identity perhaps? I think so. Food blogging helped me during recovery and for that I’ll always be grateful. Gave me something positive to focus on instead of dwelling on the negative. But now, looking back on my last couple posts
(from over a YEAR AGO) it seems I talked more about cookies and men than I did about healthy food choices. No question, I MUCH prefer cookies and men. Both of them make me say, “Mmmmmmmmmmmmm”
The priorities, they have shifted.
…well, that sort of ruined the “enlightening and deep revelation” feel I was going for. I’m only kidding myself though; I’m not a serious person and never have been.
Point of this post, assuming I’ll finish this in it’s entirety, is to say that blogging will no longer be me trying to be something I don’t think I ever really was. I’m not the ideal role model for healthy living and have no problem admitting that. I can give you nutritional information and efficient methods to burn calories until the end of god damn time, but if you try to take the kettle chips and white chocolate peanut butter away from me I will physically cut your hand off.
No longer a health food blogger (although is something healthy happens to come up then so be it)
- I promise no consistency. Maybe I’ll start blogging once a week again, maybe I won’t.
- This is the last post that’s going to pop up on Fb. Nope.
- I am still a giant toolbag of a woman.
- I say “woman” because it’s safe to say I’ve officially transitioned into adulthood.
- Apparently, chopping all your hair off and moving into your own apartment does funny things to the innerworkings of your brain.
- In the best way possible, of course.
- And while I don’t recommend it, totaling your car can have an influence too. Not getting killed has a tendency to change your perspectives on things a bit.
- On that note, I have two major events that have become my main focus. Maybe I’ll tell you about them sometime.
- I jest, of course. One of those things is actually going to be featured here a lot.
- Not yet though, I like the element of suspense.
Guess we’ll see what the future behold, eh?